Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

No Internet

When I first heard about this assignment I knew I would struggle to complete it because I had people coming to town for Halloween weekend and I knew I would need to text them. I was able to not go on the internet and check social media, but I did end up texting on Friday and Saturday to figure out plans and make sure the people staying at my house would make it to my house. The media I missed most was Bleacher Report, I get most of my sports news from that app so it was hard to not check it periodically. I usually only use my phone to check things when I am sitting around watching TV or when I just wake up, so it didn't really effect my daily routine at all to not be able to check them. I don't spend a lot of time on my phone to begin with. I was able to almost completely avoid everything except for texting, and on Sunday morning I had to check my fantasy football lineup. This assignment made me realize how hard it is to stay in touch with current news. Instead of being able to access news at all times, I had to wait for it to be broadcast on TV, or read the newspaper which only comes once a day. I am glad I live in a time where there is internet and access to almost all information is at my fingertips.

1 comment:

Carly C said...

Jacob,
I was in a very similar situation as you except I was the one visiting my friends. Definitely the most challenging part of this weekend was going without communication via my cell phone. However, similar to you, I did not find it terribly difficult to refrain from using various apps on my phone such as Facebook and Instagram because they have never been a very prominent part of my daily routine to begin with.