I narrowed my choices down to this book and one called "The Aging Well Revolution: How new communities live longer with vitality" but that book was so new that it didn't have any reviews written about it and it was very short, so I thought that it would be difficult to write about. The other book that really had my attention was called "Gerotechnology: Research and Practice in Technology and Aging," but even though the summary and prologue were interesting the book got awful reviews across the board for every website I went to, so I decided against it. I was also unable to find reviews for these books.
The book I ended up selecting Technologies for Active Aging edited by Andrew Sixsmith and Gloria Gutman. It looks like a very formal textbook from the cover but it was have very accessible language when I read through it and isn't too long or too short. It also fits in well with my International Studies major which is a bonus. Additionally it got a glowing review in a Texas Public Health journal.
Citation:
Ronald L. Wade Review:
http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/book-reviews/93261916/technologies-active-aging-andrew-sixsmith-gloria-gutman-editors-springer-science-business-media-new-york-2013

No comments:
Post a Comment