This isn't the first time I had to do an assignment like this so I think I kind of knew what to expect from it, but the last time I had to do it I was out of town and I had limited options for connectivity anyway. This time it was a lot harder because I was sitting around right in the middle of all my electronics. I had a really hard time staying off the computer. I could set my phone aside and avoid social media sites pretty easily, but I do use Skype on a daily basis to contact my boyfriend who lives in New Zealand. I ended up forgetting and calling him Friday night.
I think the worst part of it for me is when I went to a restaurant by myself, because I didn't know what to do with my hands or my eyes, but I think that was more a social thing than a need to be constantly bombarded with information of what my friends are doing. I'm more than happy to talk to my friends if I'm at a restaurant with them, but I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to be doing there without a phone so I ate really fast and left. I also had a really hard time communicating with my friends, I ended up just walking over to their house and knocking instead of telling them I was coming over, which felt rude to me and surprised everyone in the household.
No comments:
Post a Comment