By using Manpower's job seeker search tool I was able to find that there were 15 jobs available in the Madison area. Only 2 jobs were permanent positions, a couple were temporary positions, and the majority were contract positions. The best job I saw on there was accountancy auditor which offered 50,000-60,000 dollars a year. A lot of the jobs seemed entry level and the only technology requirements I could find was being able to use MS Office. Even the IT job didn't list specific technological qualifications. The jobs offered were not that good.
I am from the Milwaukee area and there were 86 jobs available in that area. There was a similar ratio of permanent to temporary jobs as there was in Madison. The best job I found was also an accountant job totaling 90,000 dollars a year. Most of the jobs were entry level and at worse times. There were a lot of third shift opportunities. There were also a lot of customer service positions. The digital marketing analyst position needed to know the most about technology. They needed to have mastery experience with web and social media analytics. Their job was to manage the day to day operation of Search Engine Optimization. It was neat to see a term we learned mentioned in the job description. Again, most jobs offered were entry level, but their were more quality jobs in Milwaukee compared to Madison.
I want to live in Milwaukee when I grow up so I just chose a place i'd like to visit. I chose Seattle. The Seattle area had 26 jobs available. Most of the jobs were permanent, very few temporary. One job, technician, involved needing to know a lot about technology. Again, most of the jobs were entry level and I couldn't find any high salary jobs. My guess is that the Technician job paid the most because it needed lots of experience and lots of skills to qualify. Overall, the job prospects were not good, with only a few "good" jobs available.
No comments:
Post a Comment