Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Henry Mall: Aris Game

I chose the Henry Mall game because I thought it would be the least amount of walking around outside. In the game I started at the corner of Henry Mall and University and a guy named Joshua guided me up and down Henry Mall. The point of the game was to stop at each building or landmark and earn up to 50 knowledge points, some landmarks were worth 5 points and some were worth 10 points. I ended up learning a little bit about each building that I would not have known if i did not play the game. The most interesting thing I learned about was the statue at the end of Henry Mall of William Hoard. I learned that he transformed this state from a wheat state to the dairy state that it is today. I had never even noticed the statue before today and I never knew that we were the wheat state before we were the dairy state.

The one reason I didn't like this game was because it was cold. This game involves walking around outside a lot and it was under 20 degrees out. I wasn't able to operate my phone with a glove on, so by the end of  the game my hand was freezing and only 10 minutes had gone by. I think this would have been an assignment better suited for earlier in the semester when it is warm outside. I would have been more likely to do the whole campus tour and would have learned more about campus if it was not so cold outside.

No comments: