Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Friday, November 21, 2014

Reflection

Throughout my blog posts, I feel that I have fairly represented my opinions on the varies activities we have been assigned. However, I do not feel that my writing ability has been put to use because these blog posts do not suit my ideal writing style. With that said, I am fortunate to be exposed to new forms of writing because that heightens my overall writing skills. I feel that my posts are more opinionated and better portrayed in the blog posts than the points that I bring up in discussion because I am a lot better at conveying a message through my writing than through words. Additionally, I feel that the broad prompts for the formal papers helped with my creativity because it is much more difficult to create a theme and idea for a paper without any direction. I do feel that these formal papers represent me the most because I feel that I can convey my thoughts the best through that type of style of writing. I think that I handle papers better when I have more space (pages) to get my idea across rather than a condensed blog post. Overall, the exposure of multiple kinds of writing styles and multiple platforms to express my opinion has benefited me by providing the opportunity to practice different types of communication tools that will help me in the future.

1 comment:

Sammy V said...

Nice post! I agree with you that my formal assignments are a more true version of myself because I can explain more. I also agree in that I can better form opinions with writing versus speaking in discussion. I like what you said about being thankful for the different types of writing we have done.