Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend Without Technology

I failed this activity but not to the extent I thought I would and I am still happy I attempted it.  Although I sent texts starting late Friday night when I needed to explain to my friend how to get to my house, I didn't use social media at all this weekend.  It was pretty easy to avoid social media for me.  Ever since I gave it up for lent this past spring, the amount of time I spend on social media has drastically decreased.  If I had not given up social media before this and was still as addicted to it as I used to be, this would have been a lot harder to accomplish.  Social media isn’t that big of a deal to me, and I rarely use it besides for when I am really bored or need a break from studying.

I’m not going to lie, even if I didn’t have friends visiting this weekend I probably would’ve still sent texts to my friends.  I got lucky that my friends created a Facebook event for a party at our house (maybe this counts as cheating) so I didn’t have to text nearly as many people as I usually would during a weekend.  There was also no way for me to not go on the internet to set my fantasy lineup and I also participate in Fanduel so I had to pick my teams for the weekend.  Even with not being able to achieve the goal of not using technology this past weekend, I am happy I tried because I found out I’m not as attached to my phone as most other people.  This activity really opened my eyes to how different our generation’s lives are compared to our parents.  It really made me respect them not having the luxury of having access to the Internet during their college years and how much harder it had to be.

No comments: