Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Reflection


I have actually done this assignment in another class.  It really shows the growth and improvement in your writing.  However, this class had a different spin because it was a mixture of very formal writing and very informal writing, such as blog post.  Overall, I feel that with blogging, my voice comes out more because it is basically a written form of myself speaking.  In that sense, my blogs did not really change through the entirety of the class.  I did realize; however, that it was very obvious which assignments I liked and those that I didn’t.  The tone and length of the blog posts I enjoyed were much more positive and lengthier.  Furthermore, in comparison to the typical online assignments and the assigned blog summaries and author critiques, the online assignments are more informal, while the summaries/critiques were more formally formatted and written.  The more relaxed and relatable the assignment was, the more my personal opinion and normal speech came out.  Lastly, I am a very verbal learner.  I like to analyze and engage in listening to people.  More of my comments on people’s posts came after our discussion sections because it gave me ample enough time and material to fully understand where my fellow classmate was coming from and what they were discussing.  I think this was one of the reasons my comments seem to be very personable and relatable to the author.  Overall, the blog posts were a pretty accurate reflection of myself, and reading the more informal posts can give you a real insight to how I would speak or discuss topics in discussion or in a typical conversation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we found a lot of similarities in this assignment. As you stated, it was very clear which assignments I liked and did not like. I also did not see much growth in the specific writing of my blog posts because I stayed pretty confident throughout the whole process. All of your comments seem spot on. You participate in class and you writing manifests your enthusiasm very well.

Sleo said...

I completely agree with your assessment of this assignment. I definitely could spot out from the start which posts I would like more than others, and I think that my posts reflected my engagement to the assignment. I also agree with your observation of being more of a verbal learner. Like you, I am able to retain more information and can formulate thoughts better if I hear it rather than read it. I think it is a big advantage to recognize our strengths from the start in order to produce the best material.