Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Reflection


Throughout my blog posts, I feel that I have articulated my opinions clearly by evaluating the topic at hand. As the semester progresses, I can see myself digging deeper into the topic while consistently reflecting my thoughts thoroughly. The assignments I was more interested in ultimately gave me more incentive to write a stronger response with more analysis. With that being said, I truly found almost all of the assignments beneficial to the class structure and engaging when it can time for class discussions. Additionally, I feel that I have put a good deal of time into each blog post summarizing the assignment and postulating concise, but strong replies. I find myself more opinionated in class discussions rather than on the blog because I can fully speak my mind and respond instantly to any questions delivered. My blog post are mostly closely sticking to the main prompt of the topic, answering all questions asked, and then relating it to any class discussions that we have had in the past. Our works on exams aren’t as open-ended when compared to blog posts, which creates a difference in understanding on the topics. On exams are more specific and the teacher is usually looking for an exact answer that relates to class materials, while the online blog posts are more open-ended and opinionated. Although this post was shorter than most, I feel the Memex online assignment best showcases my talents due to the degree of interest. From initially receiving the Memex assignment I was rather intrigued and found a very interesting honors thesis, which made the homework thought provoking. Overall, I have enjoyed the blog post assignments and felt the extemporaneous speech to be the most effective because although it was nerve wracking, I was thoroughly impressed with my presentation.

No comments: