Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend of Minimal Technology

When I first heard about this assignment I thought it was going to be impossible. I love going on Facebook and Snapchat and all of those fun social media sites. I also enjoy texting very much. This weekend I was able to refrain from using a computer, because I really didn't need one. However, it was almost impossible to not use my phone. It was however easier to not use my phone as much because my boyfriend was visiting for Halloween and he is one of the main people I communicate with via a cell phone. I did use my phone to make plans with my sister this weekend because there was no other way to meet up/see what her plans for the night were. I also went on Facebook a few times when I was alone, because that's what I do when I have nothing else to do. I also wanted to use my phone to take some pictures. Every time I went to grab my phone I realized how much I rely on it in life, and how much I enjoy using it. It made me think of how much harder things would be without a cell phone. I could live without social media, because that isn't really necessary for communication, but texting and phone calls are. It would be extremely hard to meet up with friends and make plans if not for the ease of texting them. This assignment made me realize how much we take technology for granted. Technology is so easy to come by these days, but not too long ago, technology was considered a privilege, and not many people had the means of using it. Overall, this assignment opened my eyes about how much we rely on technology to live our every day lives.

No comments: