Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, November 10, 2014

Manpower Inc Job Search

On Manpower Inc, I found that In Madison, WI I there were only 15 jobs available. Most of them were either contract jobs, with 2 being permanent and 1 being temporary. Most of these jobs required little to no technological skills, as many of them were general labor, truck driver, production helper or other jobs within warehouses. None of the job opportunities required the background knowledge of technology besides the manager of customer service, and the engineering positions. Engineering position required the knowledge of MS office, with the manager of customer service required background knowledge MS office, excel, Outlook and powerpoint. However, these are not jobs that I would want to do for the rest of my life, as they are mainly related to service entry level jobs.

When I searched my hometown of Wheaton, IL I found that there were 112 jobs available. Unlike the jobs opportunities in Madison, the job availabilities around Wheaton have a wide mix between temporary, contract, and permanent job openings. They also have a diverse mix of what the job entails with anything from Human Resources Representative to Supply Chain Logistics Distribution to Graphic Designer. The skills demanded for most of these jobs do require heavy background knowledge of technology, mainly in skills involving Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint. However many of these jobs still do no align with my career goals, as many of them where secretary and admin positions or in fields I am not interested in, such as mechanics or sales.

One place where I would like to someday live is downtown Chicago, IL. There were 98 job postings for Chicago, IL. However, unlike from my hometown's job posting, a lot of these jobs were contractual with only a few permanent and a handful of temporary. The jobs were similar to my hometown in that many of them required background knowledge of technology to be hired such as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Overall, these job still did not align with my future career goals, but seem like a better fit for me than the jobs posted in Madison's job search.

No comments: