I did my first search using the Madison area as my location. For this search I found 15 jobs with two being permanent and one being temporary. Most of them are for manufacturing and production industries while a few are for technology and IT positions. Most of the jobs seemed like entry-level positions and most appeared to be hourly pay.
The next search I did was for my hometown of Cedarburg, WI. Since this is fairly close to Milwaukee most of the openings were located there. There were a total of 85 positions open most of them again being contract positions with a few permanent ones scattered throughout. The ratio seemed to be the same as in Madison. The job selection varied but most seemed like entry-level jobs once again and didn't seem to be the best looking positions. There were some higher level jobs available but they did not have good descriptions and used this as a platform to have people move on to a different website to find the job description there.
The last place I looked at was Portland, Maine. Maine has always been a state that I would like to live in. There aren't that many large cities in Maine but Portland is fairly large. I found 23 jobs there. Almost all of them were temporary positions with one permanent opening. The temporary jobs are all seasonal.
No comments:
Post a Comment