Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, November 10, 2014

Manpower Job Search

Madison, WI

  • 15 different job listings
  • Majority of listings are in manufacturing
  • One listing is in the IT industry
  • Majority are jobs are contracted
Milwaukee, WI
  • 86 total job listings
  • Wide variety of industries
  • Insurance/Finance Industry has the most listings
  • No listings in the IT field, but a couple in electronics
San Diego, CA
  • 36 total listings
  • Majority of listings are in the IT industry
  • Mixture of temporary and permanent jobs
After looking into these three places, San Diego, by far had the most Information Technology job listings.  This makes sense because Southern California is well-known for having many IT jobs, and for this reason is the why my sister and her boyfriend moved to California to work.  None of these IT jobs would be a good fit for me, but many of the job listings in Milwaukee would be good for me because I am going into personal finance and many of those jobs were either in the finance or insurance industry.  I am happy we did this assignment because I will now use Manpower to hopefully help me in my search for a job after college.



2 comments:

Carly C said...

Alex,
I was intrigued by the difference in the types of industries that we found for our searched cities. Your jobs seemed more high skill requiring than majority of the jobs that I found were. I think that's why I was so surprised initially when you said you found Manpower to be such an asset. Now, however, it makes more sense seeing that majority of your jobs were in IT and you seem to be very interested in the field.

Unknown said...

Alex,
I had similar results except that my third city was Seattle and not San Diego. San Diego definitely had better job opportunities and I think that makes sense because a lot of technological progress happens in California. Mainly Silicon Valley which is no where near San Diego, but still in California.