Madison, WI
-15 job postings
-most are contractual and temporary
-job types: truck driver, customer service rep, assembler
-These jobs do not look of interest to me at all. They look like jobs that require a lot of manual labor, and do not require a certain level of education to fulfill these tasks. Any job would be great for someone in desperate need, but I would definitely choose to keep looking for a job over any of these options. These jobs do not seem to be a stepping stone for a better job in the future; they seem to be simply be filler jobs for people who are out of work.
Los Angeles, CA
-39 job postings
-most are permanent, contractual and involved sales and management
-job types: inside business development manager, regional manager, business consultant
-They jobs look more interesting to me. In comparison to Madison, these jobs seem to require much more skill and education level. The majority of the jobs involve business, so there are aspects of creativity and business knowledge required. These jobs seem to be more steady and interesting, and pay more than in Madison.
New York, NY
-109 job postings
-there is a wide range of contractual, temporary, and permanent that involve customer service, supply chains, and financial services. This makes sense because of Wall Street.
-job types: administrative assistant, business analysts, and survey collectors
-The majority of these jobs pertain to business, which makes perfect sense because there is a large focus on business interactions in NYC. There was a wide range of opportunities, which correlates with the diversity of NYC.
I would not choose a job in Madison. I would have assumed that there would be better job opportunities in Los Angeles, which is my hometown. Out of the three, I would choose to work in New York.
2 comments:
Great post Kiki! I found similar findings. As I searched a bigger city, like Chicago, I found a lot more opportunities like you seemed to with LA and New York. I also would not like any of the jobs in Madison because they appeared very manual labor oriented.
Kiki, I would definitely have to agree with you that Madison, WI did not provide job opportunities as large cities such as New York, especially when I search bigger cities such as Chicago, IL. I also found it interesting that a lot of the jobs in Madison tended to be contractual rather than permanent and did not align with my future career goals either!
Post a Comment