Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Manpower

Madison, Wisconsin only had 15 job opportunities. Of these 15, only 2 were permanent positions. Most others were “contract” and a few were “temporary.” Most of these jobs were manual labor jobs. They included key words such as “warehouse work,” “production helper,” “general labor and line work,” and “assemblers.” I would not want to take part in nearly any of these jobs.

Syosset, NY is located on Long Island which is considered to be a New York City suburb. Syosset had 22 listings which is a little bit better than Madison. These jobs were more equally distributed, meaning that 1/3 were permanent, 1/3 were temporary, and 1/3 were contract. Most of the jobs available are assistant positions whether it be at a beauty salon or at a consulting firm. A lot of the jobs are in sales, finance, or the supply chain. I would definitely be more likely to take a job in Syosset, NY than in Madison because most listings didn't involve physical labor. 

My third choice would be Chicago, IL because I hope to live there one day. Chicago had 104 listings. There were opportunities in almost every industry. I would definitely choose a job in Chicago over my other two options because there are way more opportunities and they are all in different industries. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sam,

That's awesome that there were 104 listings when you searched Chicago- there were only 36 when I searched tonight! Goes to show how quickly the job market changes.