Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Aris Game - Scott, Michael, Kate

When I downloaded Aris I browsed through the location specific games until I found a game called Dow Day. Dow Day was interesting because it put me in 1967 as a reporter for the Wisconsin State Journal to cover violent protests centered around the Vietnam War. The experience was very interesting as I was being directed all over campus gathering interviews. The story was well done, and the simulated spontaneity was a good touch and kept it flowing and kept my interest. The only critique I would have would be that there should be an added option to get all of the information without actually traveling to the places. Although it was a fun experience and definitely made it more intriguing, an option to get the information without actually completing the game would be nice. I wanted to learn more about other games, but I didn’t have the time to do more than a few. For people who are still interested in the information, but do not have the time or means to travel around campus, there should be an easy way to access all of the information from a game. The layout of the game works well and I never had trouble finding the place I needed to go on the map. Overall my Aris experience was interesting and worth checking out again.

1 comment:

Sam L. said...

Wow, great job! I wish we had chose this game because I am interested in journalism. I am going to start this game next!