My phone number came up right away on a website, mr number, that tracks spam numbers. My spam rating was a zero and my location was only slightly off (North Maryland as opposed to SouthWest). The other results were mostly strange though, many foreign, and seemed to be using my number as just a number, not a phone number.
A search for my name quickly told me finding results would be impossible. Not only is there an actor named Jeremy White, but he shares my middle name as well, Allen. This Jeremy White dominated results as he is on the popular show Shameless. When I searched for my name and then Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn, I was able to find my pages on the 1st one each time, although this does not seem strange at all. Overall I thought I'd be a little creeped out by this assignment but it really just showed me how many people there are who share my name in a country with over 350 million people.
No comments:
Post a Comment