Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Memex Assignment

I found a picture that was drawn by for the original article in 1945. It is an interesting picture of a scientist building the memex and what it can establish for the new age economy. I think it is interesting to see the use of the picture in modern day times as well. The new caption reads "still building the memex" which is interesting that most scientists don't believe that we have yet to build the memex. I think this is interesting to say because the internet seems to be exactly like what Bush describes in his original article. But it also might be different because Bush sees everything as automated in his future world whereas we have not yet eclipsed that barrier. I believe that in a few more years we will be closer to what Bush perceived to come in the future.

No comments: