Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Book: The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a time of Brilliant Technologies

Through the process of searching “information society”, “information age”, and “information technology” on Amazon, I found a wide range of books. I also typed in the names of the books that student’s in our class chose, and looked on the bottom of the page under “Customers also looked at…” The three books that were the most interesting to me were The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a time of Brilliant Technologies, I Know Who You Are and I Saw What You Did: Social Networks and the Death of Privacy, and The Glass Cage.

The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a time of Brilliant Technologies by: Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson

Amazon
306 pages
$15.66
4.3 out of 5 (980 ratings, 281 reviews)

WorldCat
1269 Libraries
Subjects: Information Technology, Economic Development, Progress

Google Books
4 stars (1 review)
In public domain

LibraryThing
124 members
4 reviews
4.13 stars
Popularity: 97,109

I Know Who You Are and I Saw What You Did: Social Networks and the Death of Privacy by: Lori Andrews

Amazon
272 pages
$12.35
4 out of 5 (40 ratings, 18 reviews)

WorldCat
1947 Libraries
Subjects: Internet, Online Social Networks

Google Books
4 stars (16 review)
In public domain

LibraryThing
72 members
No reviews
3.8 stars
Popularity: 166,644

The Glass Cage by: Nicholas Carr

Amazon
288 pages
$19.86
4.2 out of 5 (6 ratings, 6 reviews)

WorldCat
225 Libraries
Subjects: Technology, Automation

Google Books
3.5 stars (8 review)
In public domain

LibraryThing
27 members
2reviews
3.5 stars
Popularity: 402,159

I chose to pick The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a time of Brilliant Technologies because it seemed the most interesting to me. It connected to concepts we discussed in class, so I believe that it will be possible to do an assignment on this book. It was also the #1 Best Seller in the Business Development. Given that I want to do something with business in my life, I think this is a cool way to connect my passion to this class. I am excited to read this book.

Review Citation:
Marien, Michael. "The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies." Cadum 2.2 (2014): 174-9. ProQuest. Web. 13 Oct. 2014.


"THE SECOND MACHINE AGE." Kirkus Reviews LXXXII.1 (2014)ProQuest. Web. 13 Oct. 2014.

No comments: