My
three choices are:
1.
Society
and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing
Our Lives
2.
It's
Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens
3.
The
App Generation: How Today's Youth Navigate Identity, Intimacy, and Imagination
in a Digital World
Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and
Communication are Changing Our Lives
By: Mark Graham and William H. Dutton
Amazon: 416 Pages, 5 stars
World Cat: 33 options
Google Books: 0 reviews
Library Thing: 3 members; Popularity: 2,001,085
; No reviews
It's Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens
Amazon: 296 pages; 4.5 Stars
World Cat: 85 options
Google Books: 93 reviews, 3.5 stars
Library Thing: 118 members; Popularity: 102,161;
4 stars
The App Generation: How Today's Youth Navigate Identity,
Intimacy, and Imagination in a Digital World
Amazon: 272 pages; 4 stars
World Cat: 12 options
Google Books: 13 reviews, 3 stars
Library Thing: 39 members; Popularity:
292,072; 3.5 stars
I am selecting It’s Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens because it is
the most popular book with the best ratings and best reviews. The book seems
interesting and informative about the global network society. It is also a good
length.

1 comment:
Jacob, I definitely think that your book choice sounds interesting as I know that my life certainly has major influences from social media and networking. I wonder how your book will present the issue in the "overconnected" society, and Van Dijk's example of the Global Network Society being unstable. Great find!
Post a Comment