After using various methods to search for myself on the Internet,
I have discovered that I am not easily found.
When I used the Whitepages to
find me, I was unable to find any information about myself living in Madison,
but I was able to find my information about me living in South Milwaukee. I would rather have people be able to find me
at my current address than at my parents because if I am going to be sent something,
there’s a chance that I will never get the mail sent to my previous address. I also was not able to easily find myself
using Google, and I am very happy to find that out. For usually being able to find almost
anything you want on Google, it took a lot of work to find myself. I couldn’t find any information when I just
used my name, so I tried to add my hometown and this is when I was able to find
some articles about various extracurricular activities that I participated in
high school.
I looked
myself up on both Twitter and Facebook and I couldn’t find out too much about
myself without being logged into an account that either follows me or is
friends with me. I have them both on
private and it was nice to know that a lot of my information is actually hidden
from the public, since I don’t really want people I don’t know looking me
up. Before doing this homework
assignment I thought my personal information would’ve been easy to find on the
Internet, so I am happy that now I don’t think my information can be easily
obtained and there isn’t as much information about myself on the Internet as I previously
thought.
1 comment:
Alex, my search was very similar to yours. I also thought there would be more information about me on the Internet, but there just wasn't. I was also very happy that I couldn't be found very easily.
Post a Comment