Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, October 13, 2014

Youtube: Online Video and Participatory Culture (Digital Media and Society)

The Three books I choose to research for my final project are: The Culture of Connectivity: A Critical History of Social Media, Society and the Internet:How Networks of Information are changing our lives, and The Information Technology Fix for Health. All of these books were found by different advanced searches using the Amazon.com book store. The following information was found about these books:



The Culture of Connectivity: A Critical History of Social Media

Amazon: 

240 pages
$9.99
3.5 out of 5 stars


WorldCat:
661 libraries
Subjects: Social Media, Online Social Networks

Google Books:
0 Reviews, thus 0 stars
Not in Public Domain

Library Things:
14 Members
0 Reviews
Popularity: 683,257

 Society and the Internet:How Networks of Information are changing our lives

Amazon:
416 pages
$31.99
5 stars

WorldCat:
57 Libraries
Subjects: Internet, Social Aspects

Google Books:
0 Reviews, 0 stars
Not in public domain

Library Thing:
3 Members
0 Reviews
2,001,085 Popularity


The Information Technology Fix for Health

Amazon:
60 Pages
0 Reviews, 0 stars
$0.00

WorldCat:
0 Libraries
No Subjects

Google Books:
0 Reviews,0 Stars
Not in public domain

Library Thing:
No Results


Researching these books did make this difficult decision slightly easier. I am going to choose to do my report on The Information Technology Fix for Health. I am choosing this book because it is so knew (Published April 2014) not much has been said about it, so I want to read these new modern opinions. Health care also plays a huge role in current events today. I feel it is something that we won't touch upon in class as an Information Technology, so I want to research it on my own.

After searching for this book on academic databases, such as ProQuest, Project Muse, and others integrated into the UW library system, I found that once again this book was too new to have any significant presence in scholarly journals.

I am excited to be one of the first people to get involved with this book, I think it will be very informative

The cover of my ORIGINAL selected book


UPDATE: Sadly The book I originally chose did not receive the approval it needed. Thus I decided to continue and do more research and I happily have chosen a new book.

I am continuing with my theme of selecting a new book where not much has been said about it, and this time I took it to a new extreme. I have selected: Youtube: Online Video and Participatory Culture (Digital Media and Society). The catch is this book doesn't actually come out until October 30th 2014, so obviously no one has read it yet, and it is not currently in any libraries. According to Amazon it is 180 pages, and it will be $20.96. I have preordered the book, and am looking forward to it arriving.

The cover of my NEW selected book!


1 comment:

Sammy V said...

This book seems like a great choice! I came across it when doing my research also! I think it is great that you want to read such a new book that hasn't been talked about much. I also like that you want to go into a topic that we haven't covered in class, but still relates to the course. This book sounds very interesting and I am curious to know if you like it!