Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Friday, September 5, 2014

Hi I'm Sammy, and I'm a sophomore studying Atmospheric Science. I have one sister who is a freshmen here at the UW. I am from Appleton, WI and went to a small Catholic high school there. I decided on the University of Wisconsin-Madison because it was one of the only in-state schools that offered my major, and I wanted the big state school atmosphere. I enjoy playing and watching sports, water skiing, snow skiing, and being outdoors. I hope to get a job that I really enjoy and do some traveling when I get older.

Last semester during Spring Break, I went on a service trip down to Florida through a student organization I am in, STLF. We stopped at 6 different cities on the way to Florida and did acts of service in each one. It was an amazing experience and a great travel opportunity.

I am taking this class in order to fulfill my Comm B requirement and I also heard it was an interesting class. The last writing-intensive course I took was my Comm A class, LSC 100. I have really only done serious writing in classes I have taken and been in; I have never been one to keep a journal or a diary. In this class, I hope to gain better speaking and writing skills, as well as a better understanding of how information is presented to us. Looking forward to a great semester!


1 comment:

Tammy Mays said...

Hi, Sammy, nice post but there is one thing missing...a picture. If you are hesitant of posting a picture of yourself, feel free to post a picture of your favorite place on campus. Thanks! -- Tammy