Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Michael Bloom Introduction

Hey everybody,

My name is Michael Bloom.

I'm a sophomore here at UW-Madison majoring in Real Estate in the Wisconsin School of Business. I come all the way from Rumson, New Jersey. Rumson is located in the Jersey Shore, but to all of your dismay it is very different from the Jersey Shore MTV portrayed. My parents still live in Jersey while my older sister has started her career in New York City. Last fall I joined the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity on campus to help me meet new friends and it has proved to be an amazing experience.

I am very passionate when it comes to sports. I will always be bleeding green for my New York Jets, and still haven't gotten over the Badgers Final Four loss last spring.  I am in a weekly basketball league with my friends, which is a great way to relive the stress of school. I also rowed crew for all four years of high school.

A life changing experience I went through was living through the Superstorm of Hurricane Sandy. My entire town and the towns around me were severely damaged. Buildings, homes, and even lives were ruined. However it was amazing to see how the worst of situations could bring out the best in people. The community came together and helped all of those who were affected, and now the shore is stronger than ever. Going through such an intense experience like that helped put much of my life in perspective, and appreciate all that I have, because it can all be taken at any given moment.

I am very proud of myself when it comes to my writing, but I also am actively working to improve my consistency, and grammar usage. The last writing intensive course I took was Communication Arts 100. I thoroughly enjoyed this class, because it focused on the extemporaneous style of writing, which comes more naturally to me. My goals in this class are to further my progress as a writer and a speaker,
My fraternity brothers and I with Bucky

No comments: