My name is Samantha Lastig and I am a sophomore here at UW-Madison. I was born and raised in a small town in New York named Cold Spring Harbor, which is located on the Long Island Sound about 45 minutes from New York City. I live with both of my parents and have a Brittany Spaniel named Maggie. I also have an older brother who attended a small private university on the east coast, and a younger sister who is currently a junior in high school. She comes to visit me often and I am confident that she will be attending UW two years from now because she fell in love with Madison just like all of us have.
![]() | |
| A picture I took of a Cold Spring Harbor sunset. |
My life changing experience would be coming to UW-Madison. I came to here looking for something different, challenging, and exciting. After attending a super small high school in New York, I figured coming to a 40,000 person university in the Midwest would provide me with these experiences, and I couldn't have been more right. I joined Kappa Kappa Gamma during my freshman year and have built friendships with girls from all over America that I am sure will last a lifetime.
![]() | ||
| KKG PC '13 on Bid Day this past weekend! |
Throughout high school, and even thus far in college, I have mainly taken science and math courses. Because of this, I am not too confident in my writing ability. I took English 100 last semester which definitely helped me build stronger writing skills but still would choose a "hard" science course over an "easy" writing intensive course any day. I am way more confident in my public speaking abilities because I am far from shy and usually find that I can't stop talking. I am taking this class to fulfill my Comm B requirement but I also am looking forward to growing as both a public speaker and a writer. As for my courses this semester, I am definitely most excited about this class!


3 comments:
Hi Sam! I also went to a small high school, and that was part of the reason I came to UW Madison too! I also have taken a lot more math and science courses over writing courses and am hoping to improve my writing ability! I hope to get to know you better, thanks for sharing!
Hey Sam! I'm in the same boat as you. I came from a private all girls school in Los Angeles, so coming to UW was a drastic change for me as well. I completely agree that being part of a sorority helps making this campus smaller and enables us to form strong friendships!
Post a Comment