Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Introduction- Carly Chelstrom


Hi, my name is Carly Chelstrom and I am from Orono, Minnesota (a suburb of Minneapolis). I am a sophomore here at UW-Madison and intend on majoring in marketing, with a potential double major in entrepreneurship, and a certificate in digital studies. I come from a heavily business-oriented family and took multiple marketing classes in high school and found those classes to be my favorite, therefore my choice of a major was fairly straightforward and easy to make. I am in the Chi Omega sorority here at UW and have loved every second of it. Coming from a smaller high school, it was a great way to make such a large campus feel smaller and more connected.

I really enjoy exercising whether it's yoga sculpt classes, at the gym, or running outside--weather permitting. I've played soccer nearly my entire life and also sprinted for my high school's track and field team. Another one of my favorite hobbies is eating! I love exploring the many restaurants Madison has to offer and am always open to try new foods.

The most life-changing experience I have had was a trip my family and I took to Kenya, Africa. In the two weeks we were there, I was able to see the vastly different lifestyle the people of the Masai Mara village experience. This trip was a major eye-opener and made me infinitely more appreciative of the world I live in and take for granted.

In terms of a writer, I am confident in my current abilities, however, I know there is always room for improvement. I am looking forward to experiencing an entirely new realm of writing via blogs, seeing as majority of my past writing has been analytical or research-based. The last writing-intensive class I took was CA100 and was entirely focused on writing speeches using various methods. Overall, I am looking forward to what this class will teach me about technology and its many forms, in addition to how they have influenced our past, our present, and the future.

2 comments:

Kyle Nemeroff said...

Hey Carly,
We both have very similar hobbies. I picked up yoga this summer, and I really enjoy it. I am probably going to do some yoga here at school so maybe I will see you! My favorite kind of yoga is hot yoga but I have done sculpt too. Another hobby we have in common is eating. I like anything and everything, but if I had to pick my favorite type of food, I think it would be sushi.

Unknown said...

Hey Carly,

We have the same name and spell it the same way which is never really that common! We also both love to eat, maybe it's just a Carly thing. This summer I did a lot of yoga as well, and I still love to do it here on campus! Inner fire yoga and Cyc both in E. Campus Mall are my favorite things to do to get some exercise. We should go together to hot yoga sometime!