Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Introduction: Jacob Newman

Hi,
My name is Jacob Newman. I am a sophomore and I plan on majoring in finance or accounting. I was born and raised in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. I have two older brothers who also attended and graduated form UW-Madison. I decided to go to UW-Madison because it is the best university in Wisconsin, in my opinion, and because I always enjoyed coming here when I was younger.

The main thing I am involved in outside of school is Wisconsin Track Club. It is a great place for me to continue my running career by running against Division 3 athletes and other club teams around the country. It is also a great way to meet and become good friends with many other people on campus that enjoy running. I also like it because it keeps me in good shape!

My most life changing experience was definitely coming here to UW-Madison. I had never been on my own before for more than a week so it was an immense transition from normal life. Thankfully it went well and I was able to handle all the extra responsibilities that come with being a freshman and living on your own.

I am taking this class because it fulfills my Com-B requirement and I heard from others that it was an interesting class. The last writing class I took was two years ago in high school. My goal is to become a better writer and to be more comfortable speaking in front of others. I think this class will be very beneficial for me and my goals.

No comments: