Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Introduction

Hi everyone!

My name is Jess Bossmann and I am a sophomore here at UW-Madison. I am from Wheaton, Illinois which is a suburb just outside of Chicago. Even though my mom and sister are hard-core Illini fans, as they attended the University of Illinois, deciding to make my own path and attend UW-Madison was one of the best decisions I have ever made. During my freshman year here at Madison I joined the sorority Gamma Phi Beta, which gave me the opportunity to meet many different people here at Madison I would have never known otherwise.
                                                  Me and my gamma phi ladies on game day 

Over the summer my family and I traveled around Italy exploring the rich architecture and culture. This trip opened my eyes to not only the fact that I am incapable of reading a map, but also that I definitely want to study abroad during my time here at Madison.  
                                                    My sister and I in front of Il Duomo in Florence, Italy

In regards to my major, I recently got admitted into the Business school and plan on double majoring in finance and accounting. With that being said, I am definitely more of a numbers person rather than a literary mastermind. Some of the courses I took that involved writing last year included English 100 and a literary course in classical mythology. While these courses taught me basic writing skills, I am excited to learn and explore different writing styles!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jess,

I really enjoyed your blog post, especially when you mentioned exploring Italy. Italy was one of the most eye-opening places I have visited and truly appreciated everything the city had to offer. I personally was blown away by the culture as well as the exceptional food! I’m also strongly considering studying abroad in Prague, which would make it easily accessible to travel around Europe.

I’m also quite familiar with many of the Chicago suburbs because my family lives in Evanston and has a couple friends in the surrounding areas. Last spring break I visited Chicago and absolutely loved everything about the city, especially the many historic sports programs.

Sleo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Jess,

Great post! I'm so jealous you got to visit Italy this summer. Two of my best friends from home are in Florence right now! Another friend will be there while I am studying in Spain next semester, so a weekend trip is definitely on my agenda.

I'm from the south side of Chicago but my mom works out in Wheaton a lot! I also think we might have played you in softball a few times in high school, I went to Mother McAuley.

See ya soon!

Mary