Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hi everyone! My name is Allison and I am a junior majoring in Communication Arts and getting a certificate in Digital Studies. I am from a small town in New York about 45 minutes outside of New York City. I decided to come to UW because I wanted a big spirited school and fell in love when I visited during high school. At home I live with my mom, dad, brother, sister and adorable dog, named Louie.

At school I am in a sorority which I love because it has been such an amazing way to meet so many people. I am the philanthropy chair for my sorority which is one of my favorite things that I am involved in at school. Philanthropy has always been a passion of mine so I love that I get to incorporate that into my life here at school. Outside of my schoolwork and sorority I love to dance and am very interested in photography. I also love to be outdoors and just spend time with my friends and family.

This summer I interned at the Wendy Williams show in New York City. I worked in the production department with two of the creative producers. This experience was definitely crazy, but so much fun and I learned more than I could have ever imagined.

One life changing experience I have had was on September 11, 2001. My dad worked in the Twin Towers on 9/11 and luckily survived, but lost more than half of the people in his company including a lot of close friends of our family. This experience makes me look at life in a different way than a lot of people. I know how lucky I am and I make sure to appreciate my life and the life of the people I love every single day. Whenever I am upset about some small silly thing I think about how lucky I am to still have my dad here with me.

The last writing intensive course that I took was last semester. I am a Communication Arts major so I have been in writing intensive courses pretty much every semester. I am taking this course because it fulfills something for my Digital Studies certificate, but I would really also like to become a stronger and more confident public speaker.

In addition to the pictures of myself I added a picture of my dog so that everyone can see why I think he is so cute!! I can't wait to get to know you all this semester.

Me and my friends with the UW football players at our annual Powder Puff philanthropy event! 

Me and my sorority sisters on Bid Day this year! 

My adorable puppy!!

No comments: