Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hello Everyone!

My name is Michael Sztanski from Los Angeles, CA studying Political Science. I’m a junior here at UW-Madison and wish I could attend college forever cause I honestly couldn’t be having a better time. Previously I attended Tulane University and ultimately transferred because I was looking for that quintessential college experience that Madison provides. Transferring schools was easily one of the hardest decisions, but couldn’t be happier that everything worked out so perfectly. Growing up in Los Angeles has provided great opportunities that I believe couldn’t be matched in any other city. I enjoy going to the beach on weekends with friends and watching baseball. One day I would like to be a political figure or Journalist for a progressive news outlet such as VICE. I spent this last summer in New York City and enjoyed the food, culture, and diversity of people from all different backgrounds.


Transferring schools really helped me appreciate UW-Madison and love swimming in lake Mendota on a nice day. Aside from the gorgeous campus, I truly believe that the students here are what make this school so special especially with its Badger Pride. My favorite part about attending school in Madison is waking up early on football game days and going to Camp Randall with good friends. Although the schoolwork is sometimes challenging I love learning about new topics and applying it to real world circumstances. One life changing experience was visiting Israel last summer on a program called Birthright because it expanded my understanding of life elsewhere and helped connect me back to my Jewish roots. The last writing-intensive class I took was an English class freshman year and my goals for this class is to become a better public speaker. I’m excited for a great semester and to meet everyone. 

My fraternity pledge class and I on game day morning

1 comment:

Allison said...

Michael,

I love hearing how much you enjoyed your birthright trip. I was hoping to go last summer and it didn't end up working out, but I am going to try to go again this year or next year. I was actually in Israel with my family for a few weeks last winter break and I completely get what you mean by how life changing it can be to visit there and learn about the country.

- Allison