Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Introduction- Alex Cramer

Hello everyone, my name is Alex Cramer and I am currently a junior here at UW-Madison, in the School of Human Ecology where I am studying personal finance.  I am from Milwaukee, so throughout my whole life, I have gotten used to being in a big city causing me to always be on the move.  I only have one sibling, my older sister, who moved to California a little over a year ago.  Visiting her a few times since she moved has made me want to move somewhere with a climate warmer than Wisconsin, after I graduate.

Ever since I was little, I have been an avid Wisconsin Badger fan.  Although neither of my parents attended UW-Madison, they still have been huge badger fans so I was brought up dreaming of attending school here.  Once I was fortunate enough to be accepted, I knew right away that I was going to attend school here and I stopped filling out applications to other schools, even though I was in the middle of completing some.  As much of an accomplishment as it was to get into school here, it will be even a greater accomplishment graduating with a degree from the best college in the country!  After I receive my undergraduate degree, my goal is to go straight to graduate school and receive my Masters in Business Administration.  With this Masters degree, I want to become a Business Manger for a school district but I also dream of being a CFO of a company.

In my free time, I love to be active.  I enjoy working out, running, playing sports like beach volleyball and baseball.   My favorite activity to do with my friends is play spike ball.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with what spike ball is, very simply put, it is a backyard game that is in a way like volleyball mixed with four square.  I highly recommend everyone should try to play it once. 
Freshman year at the Rose Bowl with some friends.
            
An extremely important and meaningful aspect of my life that I have been fortunate and blessed to grow up with my entire life is having relatives that own and operate a farm.  Being able to work on a farm that two of my uncles own has truly been a life changing experience.  From little on I have always taken the twenty-five minute drive to work on a farm.  Working on a farm has taught me the true meaning of hard work and dedication.  My uncles are two of the hardest workers I know and I give them a lot of credit for shaping who I am today; they have helped shape my strong work ethic that I not only have at other jobs, but also school.
           
Writing is not my weakness, but it is also not one of my greatest strengths.  I have only had two courses in my life that were writing intensive, and only one has been in college; I took CA 100 as a freshman to complete my Comm A requirement.  The reason I am taking this class is to complete my Comm B requirement, but I am also taking this class to hopefully become better at writing and improve my public speaking.

No comments: