My name is Kate Bloom.
I am a senior, and I am a major in both Social Welfare and International Studies. My area of interest is disaster relief and I'm currently working on a research project concerning community response and development in post-earthquake cities in developing and developed nations.
| Christchurch Cathedral in 2013, two years after the earthquake, next to a picture of what it originally looked like. |
After I graduate in December I'm moving to New Zealand, and I'm hoping to work for the Red Cross while I am there. I spent my winter break there a year ago travelling all up and down both the North and South Islands, and it was one of my favorite places I've ever been, and I'm really looking forward to going back and spending more time there.
1 comment:
Hey Kate,
I really enjoyed your blog post and admire your work in giving back to those that are not as privileged as we are. I’d like to hear some of your stories from New Zealand because I always wanted to go there. I had a counselor at my overnight camp that was from New Zealand and from his stories and pictures; I can only imagine your experience being life changing. I’ve been considering studying abroad to Australia or New Zealand so I can’t wait to hear what you have to say about the culture, lifestyle and experience you had.
Post a Comment