Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!
Last Day of Discussion Section! Yay!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Introduction

Hiii,
My name is Carly Jacobs and I'm from Marlboro, New Jersey. I am a sophomore here at UW-Madison and I am currently a rehab psychology major. I am on the pre-occupational therapy route in hopes to one day become an occupational therapist after attending grad school! I have two older brothers, one who attended UW-Madison 7 years ago. He met his wife (my sister-in-law) here at UW in Sociology 134 and now they are happily married for over two years now. They are having their first child who we now know is a little girl and I am more then excited to finally be an aunt! I sadly do not have any pets but love all dogs and as soon as I move out on my own I will have one. My favorite thing to do is go to the beach and since I live only 20 minutes away from it at home I was there all summer! Last year I joined the Sigma Delta Tau sorority here on campus and I love being a part of it!

Me and some of my sorority sisters on bid day this year!

My favorite picture from my brother's wedding day

I started dancing at the age of 4 and danced competitively until I graduated high school. I also attended a high school with a performing arts program where I would dance for 3 of my classes during the day. Dance was always the biggest part of my life and I still like to stay active by taking some dance classes here at UW-Madison! I also love the indoor cycling place in E Campus Mall. Cyc is definitely a great time and makes working out not so dreadful, I definitely recommend every to try it! When I am not attempting to be active I am most likely napping in my bed and/or watching Netflix.

I would have to say the most life-changing experience I have had so far is coming here to the University of Wisconsin. I came to this university by myself and did not know anyone! Ever since I came and visited my brother here I knew that this was the school for me. I always wanted a big football school where I could make new experiences happen. It was definitely the scariest and most nerve-racking thing I have ever done but I could not be more happy with how everything turned out!

When it comes to my writing, I am not the most confident. I have always been an okay writer and never thought I really had the "writing gene". The most recent writing class I took was last semester in English 100. I definitely think that it helped me with my skills and after taking the class I became more confident then I previously was. One of the most important things I want to get out of this class is to become more confident and less awkward with public speaking. I cannot wait to get to know all of you!

No comments: