Throughout these weekly blog posts I have found that I present myself in a more conversational tone than I would present myself if it was an essay or exam. Specifically through these blog posts, they often ask for personal opinions and reactions to certain articles, videos, interviews or interesting things that happen in class. This allowed me to get my thoughts out on the blog post, while not really formalizing paper-like structure as I would for an essay. This way of presenting myself is similar to the way I would present myself in discussion by sharing my thoughts, opinions or reactions to specific ideas we were learning about. However, I present myself in a completely different manner when it comes to papers or exams, because I am less conversation and more informative in these type of writing settings.
I think the presentation that is most true to my self-presentation would be in class discussion or through the weekly blog posts because it allows me the opportunity to freely express my reactions and opinions. However, I think that the essays or exams allow me to showcase my ability to derive meaning from articles, and allows me to argue a specific idea and support it through the articles and ideas we have learned throughout this course. On the other hand, this writing tends to be a lot more formal and precise than my writing on the weekly blog posts.
Overall, I think that all of these different types of writing presentation were necessary in order to develop my writing skills. The paper and essays on the exam allowed me to clearly organize and present my thoughts in a well structured manner, while these weekly blog posts allowed me to learn to write in a more casual opinionated manner. I think that each of these options showcases a different talent in each writer, but personally my writing talents were mostly showcased in the exams and essays during class.
No comments:
Post a Comment