I felt that the online portions for the most part connected with the in-person portions. Sometimes it seemed like the online portions were just another assignment that we never really talked about. Other times it connected very well to our articles and discussion topics. I felt that I learned a lot about people from their in-class responses because I heard every one of them. With the blog posts, I didn't read everyone's post. I do feel that with the blog people were able to better express themselves, especially those who didn't like to speak up in class a lot. I do feel more comfortable with online resources, and I think this is important in today's society because technology is growing at such a rapid pace. I think more UW courses will begin to integrate the online component into their courses, and I think there are pros and cons to this. It would open students up to online capabilities, but also might create unneeded work. If instructors can integrate the online component into their class and make it relevant, then I think it would be a good idea.
I think most of the readings/articles were relevant to the class, however some were pretty long-winded and could've been condensed. The articles were very time consuming so shorter ones that have the same point would suffice. I don't really think that online course components would be that different in a course that wasn't about the online world of information. There are all kinds of ways to use the internet in different types of courses. It was probably a little easier, however, to integrate the online component into a class like LIS 201. Overall, I enjoyed this class, and despite how much time it took, I think there was a lot of valuable information taught. I learned a lot about technology, and this class changed my perspective on it a little.
1 comment:
Your comment about how we are more comfortable online than in person was a great tie back to class. People seem to be much more courageous behind a screen!
Post a Comment